IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU ("YOU") ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS IS A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND EDTECHLENS2, LLC ("EDTECHLENS"). BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR FEATURE DISPLAYED OR AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN, AS WELL AS ANY AND ALL ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, OR RESTRICTIONS PRESENTED BY EDTECHLENS IN RELATION TO SPECIFIC DIGITAL CONTENT OR ELECTRONIC MATERIALS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO EDTECHLENS THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND ARE LAWFULLY ABLE TO ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU ARE USING THIS WEBSITE ON BEHALF OF ANY COMPANY, ACADEMIC INSTITUTION, OR ANY OTHER ENTITY, YOU FURTHER REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY, ACADEMIC INSTITUTION, OR ENTITY AND THAT THE COMPANY, ACADEMIC INSTITUTION, OR ENTITY YOU REPRESENT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY EDTECHLENS FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS.
- Ownership. All of the content on this website, both the public pages and the subscription content, including but not limited to photographic images, videos, sound effects, music, voiceovers recordings, and text (collectively the "Digital Content"), is owned by EdTechLens. All of the Digital Content on the EdTechLens website is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark, and therefore Digital Content may not be copied, duplicated, reproduced, downloaded, or transmitted by any means except pursuant to a written license agreement with EdTechLens. EdTechLens reserves the right to pursue claims for any violations of these Terms of Service and/or any unauthorized copying or use of any Digital Content to the fullest extent authorized by law.
- Restrictions on Use. This website and any Digital Content located therein are intended for and may be used only by EdTechLens' customers. You may not copy, download, reproduce, transmit, or use in any way any of the Digital Content on this website without first purchasing a written license from EdTechLens. With the purchase of a license of a Digital Content package from the EdTechLens website, you are granted a single-classroom user license which entitles you to use and/or reproduce these materials for a single classroom (or home) only. Additionally, the licensed Digital Content may be transmitted only to others within the community of a single classroom (or home) via a secure password protected intranet, website, electronic bulletin board, or FTP site or if a site license for a school or district is purchased, the licensed digital content may only be transmitted to others within the community of that school or district via a secure password protected intranet, website, electronic bulletin board, or FTP site. Any sharing of these materials or making copies for additional classrooms, schools or any other third-parties is prohibited. Use of any Digital Content for anything other than academic purposes and/or classroom instruction is a violation of EdTechLens’ intellectual property rights. Additionally, Digital Content may not be used for any illegal purpose or in any manner that is inconsistent with the Terms of Service. You hereby agree not to use, re-sell, distribute, transfer forward, rent or lease any information or content contained in any Digital Content in any manner that could compete with the business of EdTechLens. You also hereby agree that any licensed Digital Content shall not be resold, transferred, disposed to, or used by or for the benefit of any third-party or copied, reproduced, recompiled, disassembled, distributed, modified, published, displayed, performed, uploaded, used to create derivative works, converted into any other format or medium, or exploited in any manner, except such uses that are consistent with the academic, noncommercial uses stated previously herein in the Terms of Service and provided that any and all copyright and other proprietary notices are retained.
- Disclaimer. THE EDTECHLENS WEBSITE AND ANY AND ALL DIGTIAL CONTENT THEREIN, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. EDTECHLENS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY DIGITAL CONTENT. EDTECHLENS, TOGETHER WITH ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, DIRECTORS, AND AFFILIATES, EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS DIGITAL CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS REGARDING NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER NON-VIOLATION OF RIGHTS, SUITABILITY, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EDTECHLENS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) ANY DIGITAL CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THAT ANY SERVICES OR DIGITAL CONTENT PROVIDED WILL BE DONE SO IN A MANNER THAT IS UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES, INFORMATION,OR DIGITAL CONTENT LICENSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH EDTECHLENS’ WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (iv) THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY DIGITAL CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE EDTECHLENS WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND/OR DISCRETION AND YOU ARE THERBY SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM EDTECHLENS OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. EDTECHLENS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE IS FREE FROM INFECTION BY VIRUSES OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties, and so the foregoing or parts thereof may not apply to you to the extent that they are prohibited by law.
- No Guaranty of Results. Although the EdTechLens website and its Digital Content were created to assist students in the learning process, because every person learns differently, EdTechLens does not and cannot guarantee any particular results from any student's use of its products.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL EDTECHLENS OR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, DIRECTORS, AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR ANY BREACH OF ITS OBLIGATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS, LOST OPPORTUNITY OR LOSS OF BUSINESS REPUTATION), EVEN IF EDTECHLENS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EDTECHLENS' ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR ENTIRE REMEDY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS YOU MAY SUFFER FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER THE ACTION IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO EDTECHLENS BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless EdTechLens and its employees, agents, directors, agents, and affiliates against any and all losses, costs, expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees), judgments, claims, damages of any kind arising out of your breach of this agreement or any representation or warranty contained herein or your unauthorized use of any Digital Content.
- Jurisdiction and Venue, & Interpretation. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and each party hereby consents to personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of New York County. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed. If a court of competent jurisdiction rules as invalid any provision of this agreement or the application of any provision to any person or circumstance, the parties agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and EdTechLens and govern your use of EdTechLens' website and Digital Content. The Terms of Service supersede all prior agreements between you and EdTechLens. You understand and agree that you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may be included in the licensing of any individual Digital Content package and that any failure by EdTechLens to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Registration: In order to use the EdTechLens website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
Orders: We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
Cookies: We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
It is our policy at EdTechLens to protect the privacy of those who visit our website and use our services. The public area of the website, EdTechLens.com, is where parents and educators learn about our program and pay to license it. It is not intended for use by minors. Registered users who have subscribed to the program use the private area of the website which is accessible only to licensed users. Users include children under the age of 13. Our privacy policies are more stringent in this private area, as detailed below.
EdTechLens.com Public Pages Privacy Policies
The public pages at EdTechLens.com reside in the area of the website, where parents and educators learn about our program and pay to subscribe to it.
The EdTechLens.com website is intended for use by parents and teachers. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children, and we do not include links to any third party websites or social sharing tools in areas of the site intended for children.
Collection of Personal Information
In certain areas of our site and services we collect information from schools and individuals who wish to participate in certain features. For example, if you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will ask you to provide us with your email address. You may always unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button that appears on every email.
You may also email us with questions about the registration process, subscription or other purchases, or to provide general feedback on our site and services. In those cases, we will use your email only for the purpose of responding to your inquiry.
If you purchase one of our products, we will ask you to provide your full name and email address. You will be given the option to register at this time or to purchase without registration. Either way, you will be asked to provide your full name, street address, email address, telephone number and credit card information. This information is used to process your order and for processes related to your use of the course. This usage includes tracking your course so we can answer your inquiries, notify you when your subscription is going to expire, and other internal record-keeping purposes.
A name and applicable grade level for student(s) will also be requested if you are licensing the program. A full name is not required. However, a full name or some unique identifier must be used if the student will use the program again in subsequent years and wishes to access data created in earlier years.
Additional usage may be deemed necessary in the coming months but the purpose of usage of your email address and student grade level(s) will be to increase the efficiency of program usage for all involved and not for marketing purposes.
Users who have questions regarding their purchase may fill out a support ticket to receive technical or other assistance. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address and information regarding the nature of your question. You will be given the option to also provide us with a phone number. This information will only be used for the purpose of responding to your concerns.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Third Party Links and Tools:
We include links to social networking sites and other sharing tools on the pages of our site and services that are intended for parents and teachers. Please be aware that those sites and tools have their own privacy policies and practices. We encourage you to visit those sites to read those policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
EdTechLens.com Non-public Pages Privacy Policies
The non-public pages at EdTechLens.com reside in private area of the website; they are used for learning purposes by students and educators and are accessible only to licensed users.
Certain areas of the EdTechLens services are intended for use by students, including students under the age of 13. We do not include links to any third party websites or social sharing tools on these pages. We also do not knowingly collect personally
identifiable information from children on these pages. Educators and parents have the option to disguise or truncate student names (e.g. First Name, Last Initial) as they enter student names into the Class List within the Class Management section
of the program.
Communication between parent or teacher and student is handled internally within the EdTechLens curriculum program, not via email sent to the student. Students take assessments and their grades are recorded in the program. Teachers or parents can review the assessments and leave comments. Students see these comments when they log in with user name and password. Additionally, students can communicate with teachers or parents via a discussion option for class discussion purposes.
We use this information to personalize the experience for users, to deliver the curriculum products, to provide teachers or parents with access to the work of individuals in their classroom, to maintain communications with those individuals, and to track student completion and achievement in the program for the purpose of program improvement.
We may also collect information provided by a student, such as responses to questions and class assignments. This information is tied to a student’s name or another unique identifier, but no other personal identifying information, and this information is accessible only by the school administrator, teacher, or parent who has set up the classroom and to EdTechLens administrators.
Courses are managed through the Opigno system. Opigno is a Learning Management System, which is a software created by the company, Connect-i; it is a template into which the EdTechLens curriculum content has been inserted. Information entered into EdTechLens programs is accessible only by EdTechLens administrators and participating parents and educators (including teachers and school administrators); it is not accessible to Connect-i administrators or personnel.
We delete user information periodically when it is no longer needed or upon request by a teacher or parent managing a student classroom
In the event that a teacher or parent discontinues a subscription, data that can be used to assess the effectiveness of the program will be kept. For example, students take pre-and post-tests which are used to determine student growth as they progress through the program. Also, the number of times certain pages are visited are recorded.
If we should learn that we have inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from children, we will promptly delete it. If you have additional questions regarding our policies and practices related to children’s information, please contact us at email@example.com
Public and Non-public pages at EdTechLens.com Shared Privacy Policies
We do not disclose any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. We rdo eserve the right to disclose personal information to the extent we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect the safety of our users, and to protect our rights and property.
If you would like to review or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we must request that you verify your identity prior to sharing information with you.
As is customary with most websites, our website and services collect and store the name of the website and/or IP address you visited immediately prior to navigating to the site or service, the IP address of the device and/or router you used to access the Internet; your browser software version; your type of operating system; the date and time our website was accessed; and other technical information about your device. This information is only used for analytics, improving website performance, information security, to ensure proper website operation and for other internal purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
Our website, and the third parties that are “tagged” on our web pages, use various types of technologies to remember that your browser software visited our website. The third-parties include entities that provide social media sharing opportunities, video players, and other diverse website functionality and services for our site. These third parties may use browser cookies, web beacons, “Flash” cookies, and other technologies. Some of these parties may collect Non-Personal Information that they use for online behavioral advertising, which is advertising based on which websites you visit.
Browser Cookies are small data files created by a website and stored on your computer. Cookies enable us to recognize your browser on return visits to our Site and to remember your preferences. You can disable or block cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. However, disabling cookies may result in limited access to certain features and functionality on our site or services. To learn more about browser cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Web beacons are very small image files that are not visible to the human eye and which are used with and without browser cookies to enable the entity serving the beacon to remember that you visited a particular webpage.
Flash Player technology is software, separate from your browser, that enables the delivery and viewing of rich content and videos. “Flash cookies” (or “Local Shared Objects”) are associated with the Flash Player software on your device and are often used to maintain settings and functionality. Flash cookies can be deleted by visiting Adobe and following Adobe’s instructions regarding Flash cookies. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
We do not display advertising on our site, however, as noted, certain third-party entities that we use to provide website functionality or social sharing may collect Non-Personal Information for the purposes of online behavior advertising.
Our website does not respond to “do not track” signals transmitted by web browsers, but we encourage you to visit the following links if you would like to opt out of online behavioral advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/ choices or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We have policies and procedures in place and take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of Personal Information collected on this Site. This includes SSL encryption for transmissions of all student data and payment card information. However, we cannot guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission, while stored on our systems, or when otherwise in our care. Except as expressly required by applicable statute or regulation, we will have no liability for disclosure of your Personal Information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and for any activity that occurs under your account credentials, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
We do not disclose any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. For additional information about our privacy practices, or to review and request to have deleted any personal information you have shared with us, please send a request to email@example.com.
Visitors to the EdTechLens website may contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about these policies, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at:
This document was last updated on May 23, 2017